High Ping on PB servers..

• Hi Antitoxis.

My friend we are suddenly experiencing high pings on all PB 1,4 & 5 server. Its up by more than 200 ping...Could you please have a look at the server.

All other servers are showing ok ping also in Battlefield 1 all is fine which leads me to think that problem is maybe on server side. I have seen their are many player playing today and their ping is fine so I dont know where to search for the problem as my ping to ISP is 9 with download of 53 MB/S. I have reset our line as well and contacted ISP but stil the ping is high.

If you have any insight or suggestion it would be highly appreciated mate.

Thank you brother

• Ping problems can come from different things.

Our Servers are located in Frankfurt. This is the best location for Gaming Servers in Europe.

You are come from Saudi Arabia. It is possible, that the ISP has bad routing. So you can try a VPN Service located in Germany or other state in Europe.

This can make the Ping bether. i can recommend ipvanish or nordvpn.

On my location in Germany i have a bpng between 15-25 to the server. If i use the VPN in Frankfurt my Ping is 10ms.

You have to try different locations in the VPN.

I don't think that the Problem is from our Servers. Routing is generated from the ISP, so we can not make anything.

Search the tool WINmtr and ping our servers:

So you can find the best VPN.

Ping and your downloadrate have nothing to do with each other.

Ping ist the time who need from the Server to your Client. So if your ISP is routing over a other country and bad route you have bad ping.

You can send me the log from to tool. So i can check it.

• |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| dlinkrouter.local - 0 | 70 | 70 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

| bba155704.alshamil.net.ae - 2 | 63 | 62 | 2 | 3 | 13 | 3 |

| 10.246.249.30 - 0 | 70 | 70 | 6 | 6 | 7 | 6 |

| 195.229.1.70 - 0 | 70 | 70 | 9 | 12 | 17 | 14 |

| 195.229.1.201 - 0 | 70 | 70 | 121 | 121 | 124 | 122 |

| No response from host - 100 | 13 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

| 80.95.144.22 - 0 | 70 | 70 | 118 | 119 | 123 | 119 |

| link11.ociris.com - 0 | 70 | 70 | 119 | 121 | 175 | 120 |

| 94.250.194.8 - 0 | 70 | 70 | 119 | 119 | 121 | 119 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

• Be careful with using VPN because some IP addresses may already be on the PunkBuster automated ban list from the days of BF3 and BF4 rage hacking (e.g. rage cheaters killing people with AT Mine/Radio beacon in Operation Metro). Using a banned IP address will trigger a Punkbuster ban on your account. You cannot appeal the ban.

To see your IP address you are currently using:

Code
    1. https://whatismyipaddress.com/

You can search for the IP address by changing to "search by player IP address":

Code
    1. https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-search.html
  • I dont know how VPN can help.

VPN cant short the distance between you and the server simple as that .

VPN will only give you IP of Germany but the distance will stay the same and your ping will stay the same and even if you do see very low ping it wont be real . I had this issue with one of our ISP we got very good ping but it wasn't stable and we had lag even with low ping

if you get around 60ms ping from you to the server you good more or less.

but when you cross the 80+ you get lag for you and others.