Russian language in chat in PB#2 | TDM server

• I have no idea what they are saying. I always tell them to speak English or German then they continue to ignore server's rules about English or German only. Someone said that Rage and Aimbooster were insulting them in their Russian language. If you look at his chatlogs, he has a lot of blank spots because the script cannot record Russian characters.

Rage_Da_K1ngguin's chatlog: http://stats.pb-clan.de/chatlogs?pid=44054

See the attachment below:

• They seem to be arguing over something (internet anonymity?). One derogatory term (dalbojob, something like moron) piled in too.. (more precisely: Aimbooster telling "the green guy" that he is idiot who doesnt understand (Rage) is just a good player)

Telling them usually does not work unless you can enforce it (admin rights, mute, kick, ban capability-I've tried). Many can't even read Latin alphabet not to mention understanding English (which is spoken mostly by those damned pesky Americans anyway). So, they dont care and keep doing it unless you can make them stop.

Bf2 was neat in that sense, anything non-ASCII, including Cyrillic produced only blank spaces when typed. Unfortunately DICE fixed it.

• OK. If they banned me, then please bump the player ||| Fighter ||| http://battlelog.battlefield.c…rlll/stats/1803517421/pc/. If you look at the chat log, you will see that he was the first to begin this discussion. He pestered me every match. In addition, he was warned many times for insults in English, but he was never banned. Still there are 5-6 people at least, who also offend me and my family in a chat, but I do not remember their nicknames. On the server a lot of people write in Cyrillic, but for some reason they banned me the only one. And I wanted to ask: why do not you ban players like MadManzek_D? He insulted the entire Russian nation, he should be banned for Nazism. In addition, I was told by one of the former admins (Kainzl), and I also read the topic here language on server? # post4798 and thought that the Russian language is not forbidden. The server is written in French, Spanish, some other, but no one looks at it. I do not want to justify myself, I can accept and abandon BFH. I understand that CampToKill supports this server financially and its word is the law, I simply do not consider this decision fair. Thanks to all. It was nice to play on your server. Bye

• OK. If they banned me, then please bump the player ||| Fighter ||| http://battlelog.battlefield.c…rlll/stats/1803517421/pc/. If you look at the chat log, you will see that he was the first to begin this discussion. He pestered me every match. In addition, he was warned many times for insults in English, but he was never banned. Still there are 5-6 people at least, who also offend me and my family in a chat, but I do not remember their nicknames. On the server a lot of people write in Cyrillic, but for some reason they banned me the only one. And I wanted to ask: why do not you ban players like MadManzek_D? He insulted the entire Russian nation, he should be banned for Nazism. In addition, I was told by one of the former admins (Kainzl), and I also read the topic here language on server? # post4798 and thought that the Russian language is not forbidden. The server is written in French, Spanish, some other, but no one looks at it. I do not want to justify myself, I can accept and abandon BFH. I understand that CampToKill supports this server financially and its word is the law, I simply do not consider this decision fair. Thanks to all. It was nice to play on your server. Bye

It is the same way over and over again.

First of all - why don't you report these people instead of whining afterwards?

On the other side - if there's a sentence or two in foreign language thats not the problem - only when it gets too much we intervent.

To be honest I have no idea who is financially supporting anything - we act on every report here in the forum or what we see ingame - we can't act on things we don't know about so -> You can play again in a week. Next time when something insulting happens report it properly.

P.S.: You yourself posted the forum where I explicitely told how we act on the language stuff so I don't see your problem.

• Double Post: Gave Aimbooster and Fighter a temp-ban as well for language violation.

And reduced your ban to 2 days.

Thank you very much my friend! I also want to ask: is it possible to write Russian words in a chat in Latin? For example, "privet" instead of "привет"? That is, can I write in translit? And more: can I remove the crosshair of the sight for my weapons in the workshop and draw my sight in the center of the screen? Will there be no complaints for this? I do not need to ban MadManzek_D, despite his Nazi remarks, I just wanted to show that there are many violators :) Thanks again, my friend

• Thank you very much my friend! I also want to ask: is it possible to write Russian words in a chat in Latin? For example, "privet" instead of "привет"? That is, can I write in translit? And more: can I remove the crosshair of the sight for my weapons in the workshop and draw my sight in the center of the screen? Will there be no complaints for this? I do not need to ban MadManzek_D, despite his Nazi remarks, I just wanted to show that there are many violators :) Thanks again, my friend

I would recommend you stick to english, although we do overread single words or sentences in other languages normally. It is hard to administrate servers when we do not understand curses and stuff in foreign languages we do not speak.

About the crosshair thing I do not know how anyone would see what you do to your sight, whereas you got enough haters already so every new proof of innocence video will look suspicious with hardware crosshairs :-)

• He insulted the entire Russian nation, he should be banned for Nazism. In addition, I was told by one of the former admins (Kainzl), and I also read the topic here language on server? # post4798 and thought that the Russian language is not forbidden. The server is written in French, Spanish, some other, but no one looks at it. I do not want to justify myself, I can accept and abandon BFH. I understand that CampToKill supports this server financially and its word is the law, I simply do not consider this decision fair. Thanks to all. It was nice to play on your server. Bye

First, figure out what the hell "nazism" as a term actually does mean. In the context you meant, correct term would be "russophobia".

Russian players (from Russian Federation) are second largest group after Germans. In reality, Russian-speaking players exceed every single other nationality/language (Swiss and Austrians could also be speaking German) in servers because players from Ukraine, Belorus and other CIS countries - all also speak mostly Russian. Plus former Soviet countries now in EU (Baltic states) - also about 1/4 - 1/2 are Russian-speaking. And that, my friend, is reflecting in server's chat.

To claim that there's so much French, Spanish and what else is IMHO pure demagogy. "Look at them, they have done it too!" - like kindergarden.

• First, figure out what the hell "nazism" as a term actually does mean. In the context you meant, correct term would be "russophobia".

Russian players (from Russian Federation) are second largest group after Germans. In reality, Russian-speaking players exceed every single other nationality/language (Swiss and Austrians could also be speaking German) in servers because players from Ukraine, Belorus and other CIS countries - all also speak mostly Russian. Plus former Soviet countries now in EU (Baltic states) - also about 1/4 - 1/2 are Russian-speaking. And that, my friend, is reflecting in server's chat.

To claim that there's so much French, Spanish and what else is IMHO pure demagogy. "Look at them, they have done it too!" - like kindergarden.

I constantly see how someone writes in Spanish, Portuguese or French, almost every match. And the words in these languages are not less than in Russian, even more. Only now Russians are constantly being scolded for their language, and Europeans are not. Ok, then that guy is Russophobe, but that's not the point. I just want the rules to be the same for everyone. I constantly see Russophobia in the chat, but these people are not blocked. And when someone says something bad about Europeans or Americans, they are quickly banned. But here even a little in other essence: a little whom even from Russian players block for Russian. But they banned me, because people on the server to me initially biased attitude, in particular, because they consider me a cheater or I play with M110K5. Take for example KampToKill: you know why he complained to me?) In principle, I have already understood everything and I understand, it is impossible to write in Russian on the chat. This is not an official server, and administrators have every right to dispose of the server as they want. I partly acknowledge my guilt, although I do not consider this decision fair. But I have no more complaints.

• I constantly see how someone writes in Spanish, Portuguese or French, almost every match. And the words in these languages are not less than in Russian, even more. Only now Russians are constantly being scolded for their language, and Europeans are not. Ok, then that guy is Russophobe, but that's not the point. I just want the rules to be the same for everyone. I constantly see Russophobia in the chat, but these people are not blocked. And when someone says something bad about Europeans or Americans, they are quickly banned. But here even a little in other essence: a little whom even from Russian players block for Russian. But they banned me, because people on the server to me initially biased attitude, in particular, because they consider me a cheater or I play with M110K5. Take for example KampToKill: you know why he complained to me?) In principle, I have already understood everything and I understand, it is impossible to write in Russian on the chat. This is not an official server, and administrators have every right to dispose of the server as they want. I partly acknowledge my guilt, although I do not consider this decision fair. But I have no more complaints.

This thread is about typing in Russian when the server rules says "Only chat in German or English language." You are capable of speaking English in chat, but you refused to do it. I am not against Russian players. I am not against Russia. I don't care about the USA vs. Russia politics. I live in a very well diverse area with people of all different cultures and ethnicity compared to Russia. It would not make sense if I was against a certain ethnic background.

You also have the option to rent your own server and put in a server rule that says "Russian language only" then you can ban anyone who doesn't speak in Russian. You can limit where players come from. I know the Japanese servers only allow players with a Japan IP address to play on their servers.

• Guys - enough.

We did state an example here on 3 players - they are punished and will be back in a couple of days.

Please do not push it to any racism or paranoia on the other side - imho we admins act equal to every player and give everyone in our community fair chances and behaviour.

Closing this due to a discussion that leads nowhere.