Quake Champions free from 11th - 17th June

• Hi guys,

people who know me, know that I am a big arena FPS fan/lover, because I "grew up" with the games of id Software and Epic Games, such as Doom, Wolfenstein, Unreal and Quake. I am especially a big fan of Unreal Tournament and Quake, the "alpha males" of this beautiful FPS genre. Since the playerbase is very small, I am trying to bring as many people as possible into these games. Since Quake is pretty much the last representative of AFPS, I wanted to let you all know that Quake Champions is free on steam from 11.06 - 17.06. It is the basic version of the game, which means it has 2 Champions available but you can get more champions out of loot boxes. The game will remain in your library after the end of the free week.

:!:Steam-Link:!:

Here are some helpful videos for the beginning:

What is Quake Champions?

Power Ups: Turning the Tides of War

Health, Armor, and You: Controlling your Stack

I hope to see many of you in the Arena! My player name is "Opt1X" in case someone wants to add me :)

• is this nice geme bro ?

Well, it depends on your personal preferences. But for me it is the best FPS game out there right now, like I mentioned in my opening post. It is not for everyone, tho. This game has many pillars like aiming, movement, arena/item control. So even tho you have a good aim, you can get negative scores. Thats why the most new players leave after a couple of matches.. especially when they run into veterans :D

• Well, it depends on your personal preferences. But for me it is the best FPS game out there right now, like I mentioned in my opening post. It is not for everyone, tho. This game has many pillars like aiming, movement, arena/item control. So even tho you have a good aim, you can get negative scores. Thats why the most new players leave after a couple of matches.. especially when they run into veterans :D

i see video it like nice ...install i join you :)

• For all, who got the game and joining for the first time: be sure you play the tutorial, which introduces you to the basics of the game. This way you will learn Quake in a nutshell and earn 1 extra champion (Scalebearer) + 200k favor (ingame currency). If you have 250k favor, you can buy a champion of you choice for good. Or you can spend your favor on backpacks (2000 favor = 1 backpack). Backpacks (have 1 item slot) give you rune challenges (similar to the assignments in BFH), weapon/armor shaders, with a bit luck legendary weapon skins and even champions. But the chance to get a free champion is higher in Reliquaries (biggest boxes in game, have 3 item slots). Every level you level up, you get 1 free chest (has 2 item slots). Every 5th level you get 1 reliquary. If your have a twitch account and you link it with you bethesda account (which you have to create when you join the game for the first time) you have the chance to watch Quake Champion streams and get free lootboxes just by watching :)

• It is pretty much like every other Quake game except of the new trend "champions". In the earlier versions you jumped into the arena, grabbed your weapons and started to frag your enemies. This is the definition of Arena Shooters. Everyone is equal, everyone has the same amount of health and armor but you can collect items and increase your health and armor for your benefit. All weapons are in the arena so only skill matters. In Quake Champions however this has changed a bit. Now you have different champions which means different health and armor for each champion + champion ability. One champion (Nyx) for example can disappear for a few seconds, another champion (Visor) can wallhack for a few seconds and so on. It may look like a stupid game with only shoot and kill but there is a decent amount of strategy involved since you have to control the items to have an advantage otherwise you won't last for long. I hope I answered your question :)

For more informations: Quake website

Here is an example video:

Here is a gameplay of a pro player named "toxjq":

• i went 25-0 and the other team ragequit. Easy targets when they're just running around. Sometimes they would try to rocket jump and they end up suiciding themselves.

The game is okay, but I do not see myself buying this game when it is released. The game may die out from people aimbotting within the first 3 months of the finished released just like with any COD game on PC. People are not used to "fast paced" FPS games like way back then. People do not know how to jump and strafe at the same time.

• After the release there is not much to buy actually. You can either buy the whole champions pack, (which gives you access to the "custom game" mode where you can have some fun with your friends only and of course all current and future champions) or the basic version with 2 champions available. Since you got your free basic version, you can play Quake Champions whenever you want, even after the free week. This free version is for good.

After the free week announcement of Quake Champions, the playerbase got a boom. From 500 daily players (average) to a 14.6k peak. This affects the matchmaking system. Now all new/same skill players can be put into the same match. You probably had a match against bloody newbs and/or bots. Bots can be recognized by their 0 ping.

If you were in QC from the first day, you would have ran into veterans/pro players :D I don't want to imagine your score then :D

Get your 3rd champion and lets duel at some point. Requirement for duel mode is to own at least 3 champions. Lemme check your skills :P

• I already uninstalled the game. I am not excited for Quake. I'm skeptical of Fallout 76 and Battlefield V.

Also, everyone is most likely going to buy the champion with a few seconds of wallhacks or turned invisible. Medal of Honor: Warfighter had something similar for one class to turn on a wallhack ability for a few seconds. You definitely know everyone in the game is using this class because every time it was used, you can hear them turn it on. It was so loud I could easily find out where they were. Medal of Honor: Warfighter is a dead game, so I do not recommend you buy this game. Hitboxes are broken in this game. Some guns do not kill people like the AA-12 shotgun with a roll drum magazine.

I'm excited for Dying Light 2 (whatever its called) and Just Cause 4 even though I have not played Dying Light 1 and Just Cause 3. They seem to be my replacement for Fallout 76 not being a single player game.