Schließung eines Servers / Closing a server

• But a lot of people have a bias towards PB4 because they do not have DLC...

Since the results for closing PB4 and PB5 are so close, would you consider merging them into one server, e.g: making it DLC maps during the usual PB4 peak hours, and Dust Bowl Conquest during the other hours? I have had so many good nostalgic memories on PB4, especially from last year when it was DLC conquest, I'd be really sad to see it go... there's no other server out there which hosts DLC maps and has more than a few players. :'(

I agree ! This is a really good idea

• Genius idea! Why didn't we think of that?

It's not like PB4 peak hours are also PB5 peak hours and you wouldn't be exchanging a full server of players on dustbowl against a measly populated server on DLC maps at all.

Forcing a higher percentage of people to play on shitty maps will definitely ensure their remain in the PB community and encourage them to extend their financial support in favor of future endeavours like these where the vast majority of the playerbase gets fucked over.

PB4 is basically at its terminal stage, on life support if you will. Just pull the fucking plug and get it over with.

• What an intelligent guy we have here !

Just by curiosity, I suppose you don't have DLCs ?

That's why you want to close PB4 ? I'm wrong ?

• GreenyFreeny schrieb:

Just by curiosity, I suppose you don't have DLCs ?

That's why you want to close PB4 ? I'm wrong ?

Yes, you are in fact wrong. I'm one of very few people who went ahead and bought BFH Premium, check my Battlelog if you don't believe it.

I want PB#4 to be closed because it's the least populated of the bunch, just check the current stats to see that even on weekends during its peak the damn server can barely fill up halfway compared to the other ones which are full.

Why's that? For one not a lot of people bought DLCs but even the ones who did, like myself, don't feel like playing DLC maps because the vast majority of them sucks.

I've said this before in the thread but I'll repeat myself again just for you:

If DLC maps offer the variety that everybody wants and playing the same old vanilla maps is as boring as you claim then why is it that all vanilla servers are full while the DLC ones aren't?

Clearly most people don't want to play on those maps so why force it down their throats? Because a small minority fanboys over DLC content?

The logical step would be to do away with the server that has the least traffic.

This time it happens to be the DLC server, maybe next time a server has to go it will be TDM/Hotwire/Dust-only, we can only guess.

• You are unfortunately right

I hope that the PB4 players will go on the same DLC server after PB4 get closed...

Personally, I love the maps diversity of DLCs !

• OK now it seems that PB5 will win the battle but there're still many people wish PB4 to stay. As I said, I feel shame not to donate until I know one server will be shut down. But What comes to my mind is that I believe I can compensate it by another way. I will donate certain amount every month to support PB4 by myself, while with reduced slots.

As I mentioned before, I agree what willy said somesort, but now after checking all the servers I think the more important reason people only want to play DLCs in PB servers instead of others is because they respect the fame of PB servers, not because the 'poor quality' of DLC maps. You can't judge the map quality simply from our servers - you said there're many other servers running DLC maps but they're empty, hence you get the conclusion DLC maps are bad-however, at the same time, there're 3x times more servers only running vanilla maps and then what? They're also empty like those DLCs servers are! So when you compare them in the same fashion, they aren't like what you think. What drives people to play in PB servers is its fame. We create a good environment and service for them. So I'm sure if PB4 is closed even if there're bunch of guys want to play DLCs, they don't want to come to those random ones. Hence I decided to support it at my best can.

I found that people are in favor of small scale battle in DLC servers. So I think I may spend $17(Or €17?) as the price shown in gameserver.net to support our PB4 with a 24slots scale and see if there're still people don't want to be fucked up with those boring vanilla maps. I will contact antitoxis to see if possible.

• I need to add this to what I said above.

I come out with this idea NEITHER because I plan to usurp to be a new admin of PBclan, NOR because I want to confuse people that I am 'rich' or something alike, NOR because I want to separate PB4 out. I'm a realistic one and I cherish what I already have, I don't want to feel the pain of losing something I love. So I think it's never to late to compensate for it. That's it. If antitoxis allow me to support PB4 by that I will do it instantly.

• There are 8 fake accounts that voted to remove PB4. I took the times that they were registered and last active (picture below) and it is clear that they are made within minutes of each other to influence the vote. You can look at the vote list yourself but I took pics just to make sure this person doesn't log in to change when they were last active.

FIFvtVP.png

Now, I also have to be fair, there are 3 fake accounts that voted to remove PB5, those are YussifAnkor, Kiezsy and Phein, all registered within minutes of each other also and all voted to remove PB5.

So if we remove all of the fake votes (as of 13/05/17) from both sides:

PB4 has 29 votes, so we remove 8 and we get 21

PB5 has 27 votes, so we remove 3 and we get 24

So we can see that the players of this server actually voted to remove PB5, unless someone makes a fake accounts in the next 24 hours and votes to remove PB4. If the owner (Antitoxis) has any morals and principles, he will respect the vote despite voting to remove PB4 himself. Either that or he should merge the 2 servers, but definitely not remove PB4.

• I appreciate that there're more people want PB4 to stay than PB5 as decimal showed. However what I want to express is that since it's not a very large wining, we should still take the future of PB clan into our consideration. So now I just want to solve the problem instead of seeing people cursing each other after whichever server is shut down like 'you fool why do you vote for this one! you totally destroy the future of this game!' Hence if you guys really don't want to lose PB4, support what I'm trying to do as I mentioned in the post above, and prove it by entering into the PB4 with reduced slots once antitoxis approve my application!

• What important now is to solve the problem instead of make the contradiction more severe. Since the day is to come, I don't want to see people cursing each other because they're opposed to what they think either from personal preference facet or from the trackable stats. As antitoxis said, it's also hard for him to make the choice and he will work out a best way to solve it. As I emphasized before, I insist to keep PB4 alive but I also don't want to see people fight with each other just because of the server. So now we don't need to complain it anymore as I promised that I will support the charge of PB4 with reduced slots on my own while others remain. As long as antitoxis approve it, I will donate immediately! So this time let me save my beloved PB4 no matter what the result will be!

• Thanks m8 ! This is a useful stuff :)

Some votes against PB4 and PB5 aren't legit...

Sonsaku There is many peoples who don't want to close PB4. You're not alone ;)